Programmes & Schemes
PROGRAMME / SCHEMES EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE
- Cash Award to SSLC, CBSE and ICSE Top Scorers.
Cash award of Rs. 3000/- is given to the top scorer of A+/A1 in all subject in SSLC,CBSC & ICSE
a) Child of Ex-Servicemen .
b) Should have scored A+/A1 in all subjects in SSLC,CBSC & ICSE
b) Form No DD 40.
c) Attested copy of Ex-Servicemen Identity Card.
d) Attested copy of discharge book.
e) Attested copy of mark list & concerned page of the certificate to prove relationship.
- Financial Assistance to Children of Ex-servicemen who are undergoing coaching classes to appear for SET, NET, JRF, ICWA, CA, Civil Services Examination etc.
In order to help the Children of Ex-Servicemen who are undergoing coaching classes for SET, NET, JRF,ICWA,CA, Civil Services Examination etc. one time grant of Rs 10000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) will be paid .
a) Children of Ex-servicemen, who are undergoing, the above coaching.
b) Annual income should be less than Rs. 1,50,000/-
a) Application in plain paper requesting the grant.
b) Attested copies of discharge book/certificate and identity card.
c) Income certificate from the Village Officer concerned.
d) Relationship certificate if required (i.e. candidate name has not recorded in the discharge book/certificate).
e) Course certificate/Fees Receipt from the recognized Institution stating that the candidate is undergoing coaching classes.
f) The sanctioned amount will be paid only after producing required documents (ie. hall ticket) for appear the examination).
- Scholarship to the dependent children of Ex-servicemen studying in Professional/Vocational and Technical Courses:
Children of Ex-Servicemen studying in various Professional/Vocational/Technical Courses are eligible for Scholarship of an amount ranging from Rs. 2000/- to Rs. 7000/- per year from Amalgamated Fund subject to certain conditions.
a) The Scholarship will be granted to the children of Ex-servicemen studying in full time professional/vocational/technical courses.
b) Annual income limit will be up to Rs. 2,50,000/-.
c) The AF scholarship will not be granted to a student for more than twice in career.
d) The age of student should be below 25 as on the date of joining the course.
e) Married/employed student is not eligible for scholarship.
f) Should not be a recipient of any other scholarship for the same course during the period.
g) If a student got scholarship in a particular course and fails to get a pass in the examination in that course, will not be eligible to get the scholarship for the second time in that particular course.
h) The student should have secured not less than 50% of marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination of the respective course. (e.g. the application is for a PG course, the student should have secured not less than 50% of marks in the degree course).
a) Completed application for Scholarship to the children of Ex-Servicemen studying in vocational/professional and technical courses.
b) Attested copy of Ex-Servicemen Identity Card issued by the Zila Sainik Welfare Officer concerned.
c) Attested copy of SSLC (age proof).
d) Income certificate from the Village Officer obtained within 6 months.
e) Attested copy of the Mark List of the Qualifying Examination/previous year exam.
- Scholarship to the children of Ex-Servicemen studying at Sainik School, Kazhakoottam.
Amalgamated Fund extends Scholarship at the rate of Rs. 10000/- each to 20 students selected on merit and income basis.
- Financial Assistance to children of Ex-Servicemen for entrance coaching.
Students who are preparing for Entrance Examination in Medical/Engineering Course are eligible for financial assistance at the rate of Rs. 5000/- subject to conditions. There is provision to sanction to 250 students.
a) Children of Ex-Servicemen undergoing entrance coaching to Medical/Engineering course.
b) Annual income limit should be less than Rs. 2, 00,000/-
a) Application for financial assistance to children of Ex-Servicemen for entrance coaching duly completed.
b) Attested copy of Ex-servicemen Identity card issued by Zila Sainik Welfare Officer concerned.
c) Income certificate issued by the Village officer.
d) Certificate from the Head of the Institution imparting training regarding duration, fees etc.
e) Attested copy of the admit card.
f) Original receipt of fees paid.
- Merit Scholarships
Bright students among the children of Ex-Servicemen studying from post-metric class to post-graduate and other courses are eligible for scholarships varying from Rs. 2000/- to Rs. 3500/-.
a) Students who have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate in the examinations conducted in the previous year.
b) Should not be a recipient of any other scholarship.
c) Only students attending regular classes in Govt. Institution are eligible.
d) Income should not exceed Rs.1,00,000/-
b) Attested true copy of the discharge book.
c) Attested true copy of the mark list of the previous year.
d) Income certificate in original from the village officer.
- Lump Sum Grant and Scholarship.
Lump Sum Grant and scholarship are being paid to cadets who are domiciled from Kerala and undergoing training at the National Defence Academy and the Rashtriya Indian
- Raksha Mantry's Discretionary Fund (RMDF)
Sl.No Grants Existing (in Rs) Approved amount (in Rs) Remarks 1 Penury Grant(65 Yrs)(Non-Pensioners up to hav Rank) 1,000/-pm For life Time 2 Education Rank
- Boys up to +2
- Girls up to +2
- Girls up to Grdn
- Widows PG
200/pm 1,000/-pm Irrespectiv of Gender up to Graduation 3 Officer Cadre Grant (Pensioners/Non-Pensioners up to hav Rank) 1,000/-pm Applicable to NDA cadets only 4 Disabled Children Grant(Pensioners/Non-Pensioners up to hav Rank) 500/-pm 1,000/-pm No Finance Assistance from other Sources 5 House Repair Grant (Pensioners/Non-Pensioners up to hav Rank)
- 100% Disabled ESM
- Orphan Daughter
(for all ranks)
20,000/-pm No change 6 Marriage Grant (Pensioners/Non-Pensioners up to hav Rank) 16,000/-pm No change 7 Widow Re-Marriage Grant (Pensioners/Non-Pensioners up to hav Rank) 16,000/-pm No change 8 Funeral Grant (Pensioners/Non-Pensioners up to hav Rank) 5,000/-pm No change 9 Medical Grant (Pensioners/Non-Pensioners up to hav Rank) 30,000/-pm No change 10 Orphan Grant (Pensioners/Non-Pensioners All Rank)
- Doughters of ESM till she is married
- One son of ESM up to 21 yrs of age
1,000/-pm No change 11 Vocational Trg Grant for Widows (Pensioners/Non-Pensioners up to hav Rank) 20,000/-pm
Certificate from the ZSB that the widow after having undergone vocational training is gainfully employed
- Prime Minister’s Merit Scholarship Scheme:
With a view to encourage higher technical and professional education for the wards of Ex-Servicemen/War widows a new scholarship scheme known as ‘Prime Minister’s Merit Scholarship Scheme’ has been introduced by the central Government from the academic year 2006-07. The period of scholarship shall vary from 2 to 5 years according to the duration of the course and also upon the approval of the concerned regulatory body. An amount of Rs 1250/- p.m. and Rs 1500/- p.m. will be paid to boys and to girls respectively.
The application forms and instructions can be downloaded from the official website of the DGR, i.e., www.dgrindia.com. Completed applications will be directly verified by the Zila Sainik Welfare Officer concerned and routed though Directorate of Sainik Welfare to the Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board, Wing-5, Block-IV, R.K.Puram, New Delhi-110066 .
a) Widows and unmarried wards of Ex-Servicemen
b) Scholarship is provided for professional degree programmes in Engineering,
Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, MBA, MCA, etc
c) 60% marks at 10+2 level for initial sanction and 50% in each year for subsequent Application.
RESERVATION OF SEATS IN MEDICAL/DETAL/ENGINEERING COLLEGES AGAINST DEFENCE QUOTA
- Government of India has reserved 28 seats for MBBS and 01 seat for BDS all over the country and some seats for Engineering courses in Annamalai University for sons, daughters and wives of Defence personnel covered under the following categories as Government of India nominees (Order of priority is as below.
- There are 28 seats ion Medical Colleges, one seat in Dental College and one seat each in Civil and Structural Engineering in Engineering College, Annamalai University, Tamilnadu.
- The following categories (priority written against each) of dependants, i.e., sons/daughters/wives/widows of service personnel are eligible to apply:
Categories Priority Killed in action One Disabled in action and boarded out form service Two Died while in service with death attributable to Military Service Three Disabled in service and boarded out with disability attributable to Military Service Four Gallantry Award/other Award Winner (Does not include Service Medals) Five
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% marks in aggregate for MBBS/BDS courses and for the Engineering courses the candidate must have passed similar examination in English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics securing 75% and above marks in the aggregate.
- There is no written examination for selection of the candidates. The candidates are short listed on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. The selected candidates are nominated to the colleges as per final merit list prepared by Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB) and preference exercised by the candidate subject to availability of seats.
- The candidate may obtain application forms for admission against reserved seats from Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board, West Block-IV, RK Puram, New Delhi – 110 066. Applications are usually invited during the month of May and the last date of receipt of application would be 30th June of the year. Telephone No. of KSB : 011-6192359 , 011-6192360
TWO YEAR FULL TIME MANAGEMENT PROGRAMMES
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) – Dual Specialisation : 2 Divisions
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM-PM & HRD) – Specialisation in Personnel All the students have to undergo compulsory training module in IT conducted jointly by SIMS and NIIT, leading towards award of “Diploma in Information and System Management (DISM)”.
- Open to all graduate children/dependants (with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university) of serving/ex-servicemen from Army, Air Force and Navy.
- And those appearing for the final Year Degree Examination by June 2001 may also apply provisionally.
- Seats are available for industry sponsored candidates who may/may not be dependants of defence personnel. Any graduate with minimum 50% marks can be sponsored by a company.
- Open Merit: 80% of vacancies for the full-time, two-year courses offered by SIMS, shall be allotted to Defence Personnel and their dependants only, on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination, and strictly on merit.
- Special Reservation: SIMS management shall allot 10% of vacancies for Defence Personnel and their Dependants, in consultation with Headquarters, Southern Command. This discretionary quota will cater for son/daughter of Defence Personnel who :
a) Killed action (war, counter insurgency, or war-like operation).
b) Disabled in action (war, counter insurgency or war-like operation) with more than 50% disability.
c) Next to kin of service personnel who died while in service, death being attributable to military service.
- Industry Sponsored Seats: 10% seats are reserved for Industry Sponsored candidates (any citizen) who may/may not be dependants of Defence Personnel.
Ambala, Bangalore, Calcutta, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Jammu, Lucknow and Pune. (Institute reserves the right to cancel any of these centers). Entrance Exam will usually be held in the month of May/June.
Any Defence Officer desirous of proceeding on Study Leave may apply for the above mentioned courses. SIMS is an approved Institute by the Army Headquarters.
For more details please contact:
15th Lane Prabhat Road, Pune 411 004. Tel: 020-568233, 5673719
Tele/fax: 020-5671909 E-mail: info@sims. Edu Web site: www.sims.edu
- List of sainik officers
- Employment Assistance
- Advisory Committe
- Flag day fund committe
- Financial Assistance
- Organisation Chart
- Programmes & Schemes
- Medical Assistance
- Achievements & Sucess
- Statistical Information
- Seniority List
- Veteran Sailors Forum
- Related Website
- Definition of Ex-Service Man
- Sainik Rest House
- List of Penury Grant fwd to KSB on 14/2/2013
- Penury grant
- Pensionary entitlement to Armed Forces Personnel & their NOK
- RECRUITMENT IN TERRITORIAL ARMY
- ANNUAL PUBLIC STATEMENT
- Kerala Right to Service Act - DSW