Achivements & Success Stories
The various welfare and rehabilitation schemes that are being introduced by both Central/State Government for the benefits of Ex-servicemen community are streamlined in the following paragraphs
1. Medical Relief Grant to Ex-Servicemen and Widows of Ex-Servicemen. A one time grant of Rs 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) to Ex-Servicemen and Widows of Ex-Servicemen who are suffering from degenerative or incurable diseases and are above 60 years of age wef 01 Apr 2013.
2. Financial Assistance for Self Employment to the Wives/Widows of Ex-Servicemen. One time financial assistance of Rs 25000/- (Rupees twenty five thousand only) to a team of three or more unemployed wives/widows of ESM, or Rs 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) to individual unemployed wife/widow of ESM for self employment wef 01 Apr 2013.
Enhancement of Grants/Other Conditions
1. Enhancement of Financial Assistance and Income limit for SMBF/DMBF Grant. Enhanced the financial assistance to Rs 2000/-, Rs 2500/-, Rs 3000/-, Rs 2500/- and Rs 4000/- respectively wef 01 Apr 2013.
2. Enhancement of Immediate Financial Assistance. Immediate Financial Assistance from Hon’ble Chief Minister and the Director, Sanik Welfare Department has been enhanced as follows:-
(a) Hon’ble Chief Minister - Rs 10,000/-
(b) Director Sainik Welfare Department - Rs 5000/-
3. Increasing Festival Allowance and Pocket Expenses to inmates of TB/Leprosy Sanatorium Increased the special grant of Onam Festival and Pocket Expenses to Rs 2000/- respectively wef 01 Apr 2013.
4. Increasing of Financial Assistance to Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre, Pune. Increased the financial Assistance to Rs 1000/- per month wef 01 Apr 2013.
5. Increasing of Financial Assistance – Coaching Classes for NET, JRF, SET, CA etc. Increased the grant of Rs 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) or actual fees whichever is less wef 01 Apr 2013.
6. Increasing of Coaching Class grant being paid to the Ex-Servicmen and their dependents for attending competitive exams and attending interview boards. Increased the grant to Rs 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) or actual fees whichever is less wef 01 Apr 2013.
7. Exemption of age limit of Dependent Children of Ex-Servicemen for Mentally Retarded Children (MRC) and Physically Disabled Children (PDC) Grants. Age limit for availing MRC grant and PDC grant for dependent children exempted including existing cases wef 01 Apr 2012.
8. Awareness Campaign for Ex-Servicemen Increased the amount for Taluk, District and State Level Awareness Campaigns for Ex-Servicemen to Rs 40,000/- & 1,40,000/- respectively wef 01 Apr 2012.
9. Financial Assistance to Kidney Patients for Dialysis - The financial assistance is available to all the Ex-Servicemen/dependents who are undergoing dialysis without stipulating any conditions.
10. After Care Grant to ESM/Widows undergone Organ Transplantation. A monthly after care grant granted to Ex-Servicemen/Widows for one year at the rate of Rs 1000/- per month without stipulating any other conditions wef 01 Apr 2013.
11. Increasing of Financial Assistance for unemployed Ex-Servicemen attending Rehabilitation course for self employment. Financial Assistance for unemployed Ex-Servicemen attending Rehabilitation course for self employment increased to Rs 10,000/- wef 01 Apr 2013.
12. Blind Grant – Enhancement of Grant and Exemption of age limit. The amount of grant enhanced to Rs 2000/- per month (for Non Pensioners only) and the age limit for availing blind grant for dependent children exempted including existing cases wef 01 Apr 2012.
13. Increasing of Physically Disabled Children Grant (PDC) and Mentally Retarded Children Grant (MRC). Increased the amount of grant to Rs 700/- per month in both cases wef 01 Apr 2013.
14. Increasing of Grant for Dialysis to Kidney Patients – Ex-Servicemen/Widows of Ex-Servicemen. The amount of grant increased from Rs 10,000/- to Rs 20,000/- wef 01 Apr 2013.
STATISTICS OF DISBURSEMENTS OF VARIOUS FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Sainik Rest House
1. Sainik Rest House, Ernakulam inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister, Sri. Oommen Chandy on 07 May 2012 and fully functional.
2. Construction of Sainik Rest House at Malappuram has started in Oct 2011 and expected to complete very soon.
3. Renovation of Sainik Rest House, Thrissur has been started in Sept 2012 and expected to complete before the end of this financial year.
4. Sainik Rest House at Kottayam – Government have allotted 25 cents land and the work will start soon.
5. Interest subsidy SCHEME Rs.28,651/- have disbursed to 04 beneficiaries
6. GRANT TO Self Help Groups – Rs.10,000/ have disbursed to 01 SHG.
7. REHABILITATION Training
Rs.4,96,611/- have disbursed to 109 beneficiaries. Cases of 175 beneficiaries amounting to Rs. 8.5 lakhs are under processing.
8. ORPHAN GRANT Rs.4,46,000/- have disbursed to 38 beneficiaries
9. Destitute/ Old age allowance Rs. 33,075/- have disbursed to 07 beneficiaries.
10. Grant-in-Aid to Old age homes
Rs.78,000/- have disbursed to 08 beneficiaries.
11. Scholarships to CHILDREN OF EX-SERVICEMEN
Rs.15,40,000/- have disbursed to 419 beneficiaries.
12. LUMPSUM GRANT – SAINIK SCHOOL STUDENTS -
Rs. 40,000/- have disbursed to 04 beneficiaries.
13. ENTRANCE COACHING GRANT [FOR MED/ENGG] -
Rs 13,20,000/- have disbursed to 264 beneficiaries.
STATE MILITARY MILITARY BENOVALENT FUND
1. Financial Assistance to FINANCIALLY POOR ESM [FROM SMBF]
Rs.5,68.775/- have disbursed to 258 beneficiaries.
2. Financial Assistance to financially poor ESM [FROM DMBF]
Rs.10,03018/- have disbursed to 577 beneficiaries.
3. Immediate Financial Assistance
Rs.1,67,000/- have disbursed beneficiaries by ZSWOs
4. Ex-gratia Grant of Death
Rs. 25,80,000/- have disbursed to the beneficiaries by ZSWOs
5. Marriage Grant
Rs.27,65,000/- have disbursed to 277 beneficiaries.
6. Blind Grant
Rs.4,99,200/- have disbursed to 41 beneficiaries.
7. Mentally Retarded Children Grant
Rs.8,81,500/- have disbursed to 149 beneficiaries.
8. Physically Disabled Grant
Rs.4,70,500/- have disbursed to 83 beneficiaries.
9. Medical After Care Grant (Cancer/TB)
Rs.8,18,000/- have disbursed to 116 beneficiaries.
10. Paraplegic Rehabilitation grant
Rs.36,000/- have disbursed to 06 beneficiaries.
11. Grant for coaching classes/interview & SET/NET/JRF
Rs.35,000/- have disbursed to 07 beneficiaries.
12. After Care Dialysis Grant
Rs.26,000/- have disbursed to 03 beneficiaries.
13. Cash award to SSLC,CBSE & ICSE topers
Rs.11,28,000/- have disbursed to 376 beneficiaries.
14. Free supply of sewing machine
Sewing machine & Embroidery machine given to 10 beneficiaries amounting to Rs.62,373/-.
66 Sewing Machines and 09 Embroidery Machines supplied during 2011-12.
KENDRIYA SAINIK BOARD [ RMDF]
1. Penury Grant
Last year 236 cases sanctioned by KSB. This year, 2210 applications were
processed and forwarded to KSB.
2. EDUCATION GRANT
Rs. 1,20,000/- have sanctioned to 09 beneficiaries.
3. Marriage Grant -
Rs. 4,32,000/- have disbursed to 27 beneficiaries.
4. Medical Grant [For non-pensioner/Non-ECHS]
Rs. 1,36,000/- have disbursed to 06 beneficiaries.
5. Prime Minister’s Scholarship
Last year 937 beneficiaries were granted PMS. This year, 1171 Applications have been processed and forwarded to KSB.
1. House Building Grant to ESM / Widows / Dependents
Rs 3,10,000/- have disbursed to 07 beneficiaries.
2. Ex-Gratia Grant
Rs 2 Lakhs have disbursed to 02 beneficiaries.
3. Chief Minister’s Sainik Welfare Fund
Killed in action – Rs 34 Lakhs have disbursed to 07 beneficiaries
Disabled - Rs 1,80,000/- have disbursed to 03 beneficiaries.
4. Cash Award to Recipients of TA Medal
Rs 27,000/- have disbursed to 12 beneficiaries.
5. MFA to World War Veterans & widows of World War Veterans
Rs 1,55,74,032/- have disbursed to 972 veterans and 1456 Widows.
6. Monetary benefits enhanced UP to 25 Lacs for Gallantry award winners.
Rs 3,20,050/- have disbursed to 12 beneficiaries.
1. To inspire youth to join Indian Armed Forces motivational seminar is conducting regularly. Last year the programme conducted at 32 venues.
2. To impart awareness of welfare/financial benefits, ex-servicemen rally is conducting on monthly basis. Last year programme conducted at 46 different locations.
3. House building grant benefit extended to Ex-servicemen also.
4. Amount of Ex-gratia grant has been enhanced to Rs.10 lakhs.First time in the department, Album of war heroes has been published in the Sainik Souvenir – 2012.
- List of sainik officers
- Employment Assistance
- Advisory Committe
- Flag day fund committe
- Financial Assistance
- Organisation Chart
- Programmes & Schemes
- Medical Assistance
- Achievements & Sucess
- Statistical Information
- Seniority List
- Veteran Sailors Forum
- Related Website
- Definition of Ex-Service Man
- Sainik Rest House
- List of Penury Grant fwd to KSB on 14/2/2013
- Penury grant
- Pensionary entitlement to Armed Forces Personnel & their NOK
- RECRUITMENT IN TERRITORIAL ARMY
- ANNUAL PUBLIC STATEMENT
- Kerala Right to Service Act - DSW